Airplanes and space


I recentlytook Shawn Jr. to the museum of flight. The first time I took him he was 3 yrs. old. He loved looking at the many airplanes hanging from the ceiling and displayed on the three levels of the museum. He was slightly interested in the space shuttle.. It was fun time for both of us. Since that first visit he has mentioned several times that he would like to go back to the museum of flight, his requests coming more frequently in the last few months. Loving our alone time, I decided to take him again this January. Even though it was hard to cough up $25.00 to go walk through and look at airplanes again, I wanted to please my grandson. (He was free the first time around, and I had a coupon for me:))

We spent an entire afternoon looking around and walking through the museum. This time Shawn Jr. was talking the entire time. He asked questions nonstop. He was relaxed and in no hurry. He walked through the museum with his little eyes wide open with wonder and excitement, enjoying every minute of it. He asked if we could go walk inside the space shuttle and showed me where they slept standing up-things remembered from our previous trip about a year and a half earlier. It was a special day for me that I will always remember. I don't know much about airplanes and I fear the questions will become more and more complicated as we return to the museum, so I took Shawn and his brother to the library last week to load up on books about planes and space shuttles... what a wonderful learning experience for both of us. My number one grandson( as he calls himself) has started yet another tradition to be passed along to his younger brother and cousins. He did say that we probably shouldn't take Xarik and Baron until they are four-because they would run around too much, but that Carson could probably handle it . My wise little guy....

Shawn Jr./museum of flight

Shawn Jr./museum of flight

Museum of Flight

Museum of Flight
Shawn Jr. in the Concord 2011

Shawn/air balloon

Shawn/air balloon

Shawn Jr./helicopter

Shawn Jr./helicopter

Shawn the Astronaut

Shawn the Astronaut

Shawn Jr./control tower

Shawn Jr./control tower

Shawn Jr.helicopter

Shawn Jr.helicopter

Shawn Jr.space needle

Shawn Jr.space needle

Shawn Jr./airplane

Shawn Jr./airplane

Shawn Jr./2011

Shawn Jr./2011

Museum of Fight/ 2009

Museum of Fight/ 2009

Gaga/Papa and the grandkids

Gaga/Papa and the grandkids

My little blessings

My little blessings

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Baby Baron

I have added a couple of pictures of Baron. He is growing up so fast. He totally recognizes "Gaga's" voice and is very happy to see me. These pics are him lying on the floor next to me at the computer while Mama runs upstairs for a quick shower!! He is just cooing and smiling as he looks up at me . He definitely has a lot to tell me, but then I haven't had a grandchild yet who doesn't have the "gift of gab" in one way or another.
He is a joy to have in our home and I will miss him when they move in with Shawn and Beth. But then I can go over and see three grandsons in one visit.


Saturday Breakfast With Shawn Jr.

This Saturday morning, Papa and I picked up Shawn Jr. to go have breakfeast with us. Shawn and I have gone just a couple of times to the donut shop, so this time I thought we could do something a little different. While we sat there at Dennys, enjoying our breakfast and Shawn talked about how much he liked his french toast and chocolate milk, he asked, "Gaga, can we go to the donut store on the way home?" I said why don't we go for donuts next time since we came to the restaurant this time. Well, he sat there for a second or two and considered this. Then, he answered very matter of factly:"How bout we just do both today." Do I need to tell you that yes , I drove through crispy cream on the way home and bought him a chocolate donut to go. A Granma's privilage---right?


That little guy can talk!!
Now this was the baby that communicated mostly with sounds up til close to his third birthday. Don't get me wrong, he communicated very well, it was obvious to all those around him that he not only understood us, but made us understand him. If there were any worries about his future speaking skills, and I admit there was at times, literally the day he turned three, all doubt was gone, he started talking and has not stopped!!!!
It was great sitting there at breakfeast and listening to all he had to say about preschool, mommy, daddy, Xarik,his cousins and aunties, his house and his bedroom , the things we passed on the way there, the food we were eating,and of course Clone Wars!!
A surrreal feeling came over me, as we sat there. Here I was, eating breakfast with my enchanting little prince and my wonderful husband. I felt like a little girl "playing house"-it was all I ever dreamed of and more! I am so blessed, I really am.