Airplanes and space


I recentlytook Shawn Jr. to the museum of flight. The first time I took him he was 3 yrs. old. He loved looking at the many airplanes hanging from the ceiling and displayed on the three levels of the museum. He was slightly interested in the space shuttle.. It was fun time for both of us. Since that first visit he has mentioned several times that he would like to go back to the museum of flight, his requests coming more frequently in the last few months. Loving our alone time, I decided to take him again this January. Even though it was hard to cough up $25.00 to go walk through and look at airplanes again, I wanted to please my grandson. (He was free the first time around, and I had a coupon for me:))

We spent an entire afternoon looking around and walking through the museum. This time Shawn Jr. was talking the entire time. He asked questions nonstop. He was relaxed and in no hurry. He walked through the museum with his little eyes wide open with wonder and excitement, enjoying every minute of it. He asked if we could go walk inside the space shuttle and showed me where they slept standing up-things remembered from our previous trip about a year and a half earlier. It was a special day for me that I will always remember. I don't know much about airplanes and I fear the questions will become more and more complicated as we return to the museum, so I took Shawn and his brother to the library last week to load up on books about planes and space shuttles... what a wonderful learning experience for both of us. My number one grandson( as he calls himself) has started yet another tradition to be passed along to his younger brother and cousins. He did say that we probably shouldn't take Xarik and Baron until they are four-because they would run around too much, but that Carson could probably handle it . My wise little guy....

Shawn Jr./museum of flight

Shawn Jr./museum of flight

Museum of Flight

Museum of Flight
Shawn Jr. in the Concord 2011

Shawn/air balloon

Shawn/air balloon

Shawn Jr./helicopter

Shawn Jr./helicopter

Shawn the Astronaut

Shawn the Astronaut

Shawn Jr./control tower

Shawn Jr./control tower

Shawn Jr.helicopter

Shawn Jr.helicopter

Shawn Jr.space needle

Shawn Jr.space needle

Shawn Jr./airplane

Shawn Jr./airplane

Shawn Jr./2011

Shawn Jr./2011

Museum of Fight/ 2009

Museum of Fight/ 2009

Gaga/Papa and the grandkids

Gaga/Papa and the grandkids

My little blessings

My little blessings

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dumpster Jumping

I had a little adventure last week, that just goes to show--you never know where you will end up!!
I thought all night about how I would like to get a jump on organizing and getting things cleaned up on Saturday morning , so I could spend a little time on one of my favorite hobbies; card making or scrapbooking.
One of the many things on my list was to drop off clothes at Goodwill and to get rid of some garbage bags in the garage. I knew I had just done this a couple weeks ago, but well... things pile up.. I ran my errands, filled my car up with gas, went to the grocery , to the Goodwill and over to my son Shawn'sapartment complex to throw a few bags in the dumpster. Now first of all, I am not really compfortable doing this and I know it is wrong. But I have been convinced that it is no big deal by many others and I really needed the space in my garage. So I did my "drive thru" thru the aprtment parking lot--too chicken to go directly to the dumpster in case I get caught!! I dumped the garbage and headed home, feeling a big load lift--literally.
I was so proud of all I had accomplished in that short time!!! As I pulled into the driveway, Keith and Cody were there washing Cody's car. I proudly walked up to my husband and announced all that I had accomplished that morning . He stood there and smiled as he listened (obviously pleased) And then inquired "what garbage did you take?" I told him I took the bags in the garage. He told me then to let Kristin know that. I told Kris when I entered the house, she immediately said' Mom, how could you do that?" I was a little perplexed to say the least. She went on to tell me that she had taken all the stuff out of her car (including her purse) and put it into these two garbage bags. She asked if I had looked before I took them, well of course I did, but when I clean things out you can find any number of treasures that I no longer have a need for.. Well, I was a little embarassed and frustrated about my blunder. I wanted to fix it right away.. so I asked Kris to go with me to get it. It was bad enough dumping stuff where I shouldn't have -it was worse having to go back and retreive it. All the way over there I was trying to figure out a way to explain myself if I were to get caught. The first bag was on top, the second was not-I had to literally jump into the big dirty dumpster and get it. Funny thing is , it was a little bit of a thrill for a girl who always likes to follow the rules and can't bear the thought of humiliation it would bring to me to get caught.
Lesson of the story---Look before you leap or if you feel like making cards on Saturday --just do it--you never know where you may end up..